Kendall-Jackson is launching a lower calorie variant to tap into the ‘lighter wines’ category in the US.
Starting in May this new offer will be under the Kendall-Jackson brand. Did you know that Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay has been the most popular Chardonnay in the US for over 26 years?
This low-calorie chardonnay will be called “Avant” is only 85 calories, has no sugar, and has 3 grams of carbs per serving” according to the producer.
This new low-cal wine contains 23% fewer calories than the standard Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay, based on a 150ml serving of wine at 14% abv, which contains 111 calories.
Kendall-Jackson winemaker Randy Ullom explains, “An initial harvest of grapes picked on the earlier side ensures lower sugar. A secondary harvest later in the season offers more complexity and concentration, which complements the wine, producing a full-bodied blend that’s structurally balanced and delicious, yet lower in alcohol and calories.”
Like the Vintner’s Reserve, the Avant Chardonnay is aged in oak barrels to bring a touch of vanilla to the wine, which is described as tasting of “grapefruit, pineapple, creamy lemon meringue and delicate white flowers”.
The 9% Chardonnay is also vegan-friendly and comes with an RRP in the US of $17.
Jackson Family Wines highlighted the commercial potential for this new wine by noting that the ‘lighter wines’ category had grown by 90% in the US in 2020.
Wine in Moderation has just announced the launch of its new website (https://www.wineinmoderation.eu/). The new site features a modernized design with new functionalities and clear information to help consumers and professionals alike make well-informed decisions to enjoy wine in moderation and to encourage a sustainable culture of wine.
The new website brings together all the Wine in Moderation members and Supporters around one single platform available in 12 languages and offers a nationally tailored message.
“We are very excited to launch this new website which marks an important step in the implementation of our latest Brand Strategy” said Sandro Sartor, President of Wine in Moderation. “This new website not only presents a wealth of new content in a modern and fresh design, it also offers a brand-new platform for professionals and for all our members and supporters around the world, where they will get an exclusive access to our services, materials and tools.”
The new website builds its information around five mains sections:
- The culture of wine: where visitors will have the pleasure to discover the uniqueness of the wine culture and get tips on how to best organize their oenotourism trips.
- Moderation: where they present why wine should be enjoyed in a sustainable way, and at the same time providing information such as who should avoid drinking alcoholic beverages, wine and health, with specificities on the topics of wine and diet as well as calories.
- Our Community: a brand-new feature that will show members and supporters around the world on a dynamic map, giving visitors the possibility to zoom in and discover an “identity card” for everyone who has joined Wine in Moderation and are committed to making informed decisions when it comes to wine.
- Professionals: This section is specifically dedicated to professionals where they introduce the different ways in which one can get involved with Wine in Moderation and why it matters for the sector.
- About us: last but not least, this is a section where visitors will discover who is behind the social responsibility movement of the wine sector, their vision, missions, objectives and their story.
“A long-standing project, this new website will offer a personalized visit depending on the country you’re from” said Nadia Frittella, Secretary General of the association. “The website’s news and events will be updated regularly offering visitors the possibility to check the events that are happening next to them. We are also particularly excited about our completely new Community Map which illustrates where on the globe our Supporters are and shows the important commitment of the wine sector towards a sustainable culture of wine”.
Visitors are encouraged to explore the website and sign up to become a WiM Supporter! By doing so, not only will they show their commitment to encourage a moderate and responsible consumption of wine, but they will also have access to the new platform for professionals where a wealth of tools and services will be at their disposal.
Learn more: https://www.wineinmoderation.eu/
#wineinmoderation #instawine #cultureofwine #wellbeing #lifestyle #healthylifestyle #wineculture #winemoments #winebytheglass #igerswine #winexperience #wineculture #wineguidelife #vino #vin #wijn #vinho #bor #vyno #wein #winelovers #wine