The Les Dames d’Escoffier Ontario (Canada) Chapter created “Women in Wine Talks ™” as an online platform to promote women in the wine industry. Women in Wine Talks includes virtual online conversations, talks, and panel discussions on all aspects of the industry.
Women in Wine Talks ™ shine the spotlight on global women business leaders, winemakers, authors and other industry experts, with participants ranging from beginners through to wine professionals.
About Les Dames d’Escoffier Ontario (Canada)
The Les Dames d’Escoffier Ontario (Canada) Chapter launched spring 2019, and is fully dedicated to supporting women leadership, providing educational opportunities and hosting philanthropic events in the wine, culinary and hospitality fields. Our members not only share knowledge among colleagues, we support talented young women as they aspire to become the leaders of tomorrow in their chosen professions, through our impactful scholarship program.
First in our Series
The first in our series of Women in Wine Talks ™ includes a talk and tasting with Elizabeth Gabay MW. Elizabeth is one of the world’s foremost authorities on rosé wines, the author of ‘Rosé: Understanding the Pink Wine Revolution’, and President of the Jury at International Rosé Challenge.
Date: June 11, 2020
Time: 2:30 – 3:30 pm EDT (EG is based in South of France)
Choose one, two Rosés, or three Rosés on the list below (recommended by Elizabeth), sit back, sip, savour, and learn while Elizabeth Gabay MW discusses Rosé: Understanding the Pink Wine Revolution.
Wines being discussed (all available at the LCBO)
- Muscat and rosé: Banrock Station Pink Moscato or Jacob’s Creek Moscato rosé or Gapsted Moscato rosé or Bodacious Moscato rosé Canada
- Historic Italian rosé: CantineArte Gaia Cerasuolo’Abruzzo or Di Bernardino d’Abruzzo or Cirelli Cerasuolo Anfora or Castel del Monte Rosé
- The importance of Portugal: Pink Bang Rosé (Touriga Nacional) or Mateus Rosé
- Traditional Italian red regions going pink: Kis Sparkling Maremma (could also choose a Tuscan rosé) Rosato, Sangiovese
- Central Europe: Pittnauer Rosé Dogma Burgenland, Blaufrankisch
- Dark juice rosé: Rustenberg Petit Verdot rosé, South Africa
- Indigenous varieties: Karamolegos Terranera, Greece or Kir Yianni Alakies Xinomavro